1. Women make up about 1 out of every 3 of porn site visitorsevery week and they are most likely to search for lesbian porn (regardless of their own sexuality).
Another fact that goes along with this one is that women are more likely to lie about their porn viewing than men are because we care more than men do how we are perceived.
2. Every 39 minutes a new porn video is being made in the U.S.
Since the 1970’s, San Fernando Valley (north of L.A. ) has been the porn capital of the world, though with new regulations in the works they may not be for much longer.
3. Porn has higher revenue than ABC, CBS and NBC combined.
Not only that but the porn industry is larger than the revenues of the top technology companies combined: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo!, Apple, Netflix and EarthLink. Porn is bigger than the NFL, NBA and MLB. Globally, it is a 97 billion-dollar industry and some of our country’s biggest companies have a stake in porn. In the U.S., porn earns about 16 billion a year.
4. Every second – 28,258 Internet users are viewing pornography.
That’s a lot of masturbation, I mean a lot.
5. 17% of women describe themselves as addicted to porn.
It’s very easy to get addicted to the fantasy but it can be super destructive to your relationships and future. So, if you feel like maybe you watch too much or someone tells you that you do – seek help.
6. Porn sites get more visitors each month than Netflix, Amazon and Twitter.
Despite the popularity of Netflix and chill – it seems Pornhub is still getting more action.
7. Online porn makes over $3000 per second.
It takes a man between 30 seconds and 3 minutes to ejaculate from manual stimulation, for women it’s closer to 5 minutes. So, in the time it takes a woman to reach orgasm with a vibrator the porn industry makes almost a million dollars.
8. Lesbian, step-mom and MILF are the top porn search terms.
Hentai is moving up in the world and we can thank millennials for that one!
9. 20% of men claim to access porn while working.
I don’t know about you but I think some men and women aren’t owning up to their work porn viewing habits…
10. 90% of young boys and 60% of young girls have been exposed to porn before they turned 18.
This is actually the most disturbing fact that I came across. Whether it’s accidental or not we need to do a better job at policing our children on the internet.
11. Last year alone, 91,980,225,000 videos were watched on Pornhub. That’s 12.5 videos for every person on the planet.
That’s a lot of porn and some places on the planet don’t even have internet access. Think about that.