Life is complicated and despite the horrors we see on the news it can funny some of the time. I’ve compiled a list of fifteen true and funny facts and while funny is subjective, I think you’ll read my list and agree that these are darn good.
1. There was a bear in the polish army that made it to the rank of corporal. He ate cigarettes, drank alcohol, and carried guns and mortar shells for the soldiers. His name was Wojtek.
2. If a blue whale farts, the bubble it creates underwater is large enough to contain a full-grown horse.
3. In a 2008 survey, 58% of British teens thought that Sherlock Holmes was a real person. On top of that, 20% thought that Winston Churchill was not.
4. People who are too morbidly obese for a conventional MRI scan are taken to use the MRI at the zoo.
5. Giraffes and humans have the exact same amount of bones inside of their necks
6. Nobody knows who invented the fire hydrant because the patent for the hydrant was lost in a fire.
7. The building of the pyramids is as old to the Romans as the Romans are to us.
8. AOL earns over $100 million quarterly from people that still haven’t cancelled their dial up.
9. Octopuses in aquariums must be given toys or puzzles to play with or they get so bored they literally chew their own arms off.
10. The average person spends 24 years of time sleeping.
11. The British and the Germans played a game of soccer on Christmas day during the first world war. Afterwards, they refused to fight because they had made friends.
12. To figure out if a female giraffe is fertile, male giraffes headbutt them in their abdomen repeatedly until the female urinates. Then the male giraffe tastes the urine to see if she is fertile.
13. It is illegal to die in the House of parliaments in England
14. In Japan, Ronald McDonald is known as Donald McDonald to make it easier for people to pronounce his name.
15. More people die each year to selfie related accidents than people die to shark attacks. This one is the Darwin Award type of funny…not so much ha hah but ugh.