1. Ever wondered why artificial banana flavoring tastes nothing like bananas? That’s because the type of banana the flavoring is trying to reproduce doesn’t exist anymore, they were all wiped out in the 1950s by a disease.
2. Eating polar bear liver will kill you because of how rich it is in vitamin A.
3. Hot water is heavier than cold water.
4. There are no clocks in Las Vegas casinos to prevent people from realizing how long they’ve been there.
5. A pig’s orgasm lasts for over 30 minutes.
6. Netflix spent no money on marketing their DVD rental business in 2014, but more than 6 million used it.
7. 2013 was the first year since 1987 that has four different numbers in it.
8. There is a tiny species of bat known as the bumblebee bat. It’s the smallest mammal in the world, weighing in at 2 grams.
9. Murphy beds (or wall beds) have killed people before, because they close unexpectedly and suffocate people not strong enough to push them back down.
10. The reason Dachshunds (wiener dogs) are so small and low to the ground is because they were selectively bred to hunt badgers. Their small stature lets them get into badger holes.
11. Oxymoron is an oxymoron. The original Greek root words are “Oxy” and “Moros” which mean sharp and stupid respectively.
12. If you dissolve Viagra in water and put a flower in the water, it will make the flower stay rigid for up to an entire week after it should have wilted.
13. The reason dog collars were spiked originally was to protect the dogs neck from wolves while they were shepherding.
14. Cinnamon trees grow up to 60 feet in height.
15. If you get struck by lightning, you get a tree shaped scar on your body known as a lightning flower.
16. Cats are lactose intolerant.
17. There is a real sport known as chess boxing, where contestants play a round of chess, and then a round of boxing, then another round of chess, etc. You win if you can knock your opponent out, or from a check-mate.
18. 90% of the Earth’s population lives in the northern hemisphere.
19. Humans have a dominant nostril that takes the lead. One nostril remains dormant for a few minutes, or sometimes a few hours, before taking over and letting the other nostril have a rest. You can test this yourself, just put your finger under your nostrils and breathe out.
20. Only 1% of the corn grown in the United States is edible. The rest of it is field corn, and it’s the corn used in things like paint and other non-edible products.