1. Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
2. Babies have 60 more bones than adults.
3. There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body.
4. The human brain can read about 1,000 words per minute.
5. In 30 minutes, the human body gives off enough heat to bring water to a boil.
6. Human bone is as strong as granite.
7. For every pound of muscle or fat gained, the body creates seven more miles of blood vessels.
8. The biggest cell in the human body is the egg and the smallest is the sperm.
9. During your lifetime you’ll produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
10. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
11. The strongest bone is the jaw bone.
12. The human brain can remember 50,000 different scents.
13. The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself.
14. Your feet can produce a pint of sweat per day.
15. You fart 14 times a day on average.
16. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body.
17. The ears and nose never stop growing.
18. Your stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
19. You can’t tickle yourself.
20. You’re taller by 1 centimeter in the morning than you are at night.
21. Your brain operates on about 12 watts of power.
22. Babies are stronger than oxen on a pound-for-pound basis.
23. A sneeze can exceed 100 miles per hour.
24. Humans cough at about 60 miles per hour.
25. One step can use up to 200 muscles.
26. Being right handed gives you more than 9 years of life than a lefty, on average.
27. There are mites living in your eyelashes.
28. The fastest growing nail is on the middle finger.
29. When you blush, the lining of your stomach blushes too.
30. You lose about half your taste buds by the age of 60.
31. The human embryo’s first development is the anus.
32. Every square inch of skin on the human body has 32 million bacteria on it.
33. 300 million cells die in the human body every minute.
34. The body has enough iron in it to make a 3 inch nail.
35. Your ears secrete more wax when you’re afraid.
36. Your hyoid skeleton is independent of the rest of your skeleton.
37. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average.
38. One in every 1,000 babies is born with a tooth.
39. Your liver can regenerate from only 25% of its mass.
40. A person will die from lack of sleep sooner than starvation.
41. More germs are transferred by shaking hands than by kissing.
42. Your body is bioluminescent and glows in the dark, just like jellyfish.
43. Your cardiovascular system syncs to the music you listen to.
44. It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to rip your ear off.
45. Your lungs’ combined surface area is equal to a small tennis court.
46. The average person sleeps for 122 days out of 365.
47. On average it takes seven minutes to fall asleep.
48. The muscles of the body constitute 40% of body weight.
49. Male baby foreskin is used as a skin graft for burn victims.
50. An average human heart pumps about 4,000 gallons of blood per day.