Dogs are awesome. This is a no brainer, if you’re human and have feelings then you want a dog, if you’re a cold calculating narcissist then you want a cat. Oh, okay that was harsh. Plenty of nice people have cats but that’s just because they don’t know how much better dogs are and so this is for you. The top seven reasons dogs are obviously better than cats.
1. Dogs can do tactical obedience and cats don’t even know what obedience is. A dog can protect you and your home and unless your cat is a tiger what is it going to keep you safe from…your dignity?
2. When you get bored and you want to go for a run or throw the frisbee around, but you only have your dog and cat – who is going to run with you or catch and return your frisbee?
Yeah no, obviously it’s going to be an awesome dog like this one!!
3. Dogs just give you unconditional love and affection. The dog is happy you are home even if you’re a big jerk. Cats do not give a crap unless you have food or something.
4. Dogs don’t need a litter box, they take their business outside because as previously mentioned they are trainable. So, no stinky in-house mess for you to clean up.
5. Dogs dig going places. Your pupper will sit with you in the car and chill. He’s just thrilled you are taking him with you. He’s like your homie. Your cat? She needs a carrier that you must fight to get her into and she will make noise no matter where you are headed – to the vet or out of state.
6. Dogs love their humans. They will try to understand your words; your emotions and they will be there for you. They are so in-tuned with their humans…my dog knew I was pregnant before I did. He suddenly became evenprotective of me and followed me everywhere for a couple weeks before I figured out I was with child. His behavior didn’t change – he still stuck with me every moment and when my son was born, he never left his side.
7. Dogs are not only trainable to protect but they can be trained to serve. Service dogs help the handicapped, are in the military, are K-9 police officers, they do search and rescue. They are used to help children and adults with Autism, helping the blind and more. Cats are not capable of being trained to serve people the way that dogs can and do.